Author: Tr. Maulana Wahiduddin Khan; Farida Khanam (editor)
Publisher: Goodword (2011)
Pages: 1770 Binding: Hardcover
Description from the publisher:
This commentary on the Quran is a concise, easy-to-read guide that enables today’s readers to understand the deeper meanings of the Quran and to reflect upon its relevance in the present world.
- It focuses on the main themes of the Quran, such as God-realization, enlightenment, closeness to God, remembrance, prayer, peace and spirituality.
- It lays stress on the fact that through reflection, deep thinking and contemplation, divine lessons can be learnt from the signs of God scattered across the world.
- It focuses on spiritual development through contemplation and reflection, and by the activation of one’s own thinking processes.
- It brings out for the people of today’s world the underlying lessons and message of the Quran.
- This commentary thus explains the meaning of the Quran in such a way as to give readers a clearer understanding of the message of the Quran and helps them in finding their own way of making it relevant to themselves.