Author: Tr. Dr. Muhammad Al-Hilali; Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan
Publisher: Idara Islamiyat-e-Diniyat (India) 2005
Pages: 998 Binding: Hardcover
Description from the publisher:
In response to need to introduce the Islam by means of translation of the meanings of the Holy Quran, Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan accomplished the interpretation of the meanings of the Holy Quran into the English language, by referring the most authentic Tafsirs like Al-Tabari, Al-Qurtubi, Ibn Kathir, and Sahih al-Bukhari.
All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of ‘Alamin (Mankind, Jinns and all that exists) and peace be upon the Master of the Messengers, Muhammad (p.b.u.h.).
This interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Quran has been revised and the following changes have been made:
1) Each verse has been put separately with its English interpretation.
2) The Arabic text of the Noble Quran has be taken from Mushaf Al-Madina An-Nabawiyya which has been printed by the Mujamma’ of King Fahd of Saudi Arabia for the printing of Al-Mushaf Ash-Sharif in the year 1405 A.H. according to the instructions of the Chancellor of the Islamic University, instead of the old Arabic text of the previous print of this book which was printed in the United States and Turkey by the Turkish Calligrapher Sheikh Hamid Al-Amadi.
3) There are some additions and subtractions of Chapters and Hadiths from Shahih Al-Bukhari, etc.
4) Some additions, corrections, and alterations have been made to improve the English translation and to bring the English interpretation very close to the correct and exact meanings of the Arabic text.
5) As regards the old Edition of this Book, nobody is allowed to reprint or to reproduce it after this new Edition has been published.
6) This new Edition is in two forms – one in a detailed form (in 9 volumes), and the other in a summarized form (in volume).
3 Rajab, 1405 A.H. – March 23, 1985
Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali
Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan