Author: Allamah Nooruddin; A M Omar, Amatul Rahman Omar (translators)
Publisher: Noor Foundation International (2008)
Pages: 638 Binding: Paperback
Description from the publisher:
An introduction to the study of the Holy Qur'an.
The topics included are:
- Standards of the correct translation and interpretation of the Holy Qur'an
- Why the Holy Qur'an was revealed in the Arabic language
- Language and diction of the Holy Qur'an.
- The Holy Qur'an: its preservation and arrangement
- Factors which warranty the purity of the Holy Qur'an.
- Islam: The religion of peace. One religion: Interfaith understanding.
- Concept of Jihad (the Holy War) in Islam.
- Role and status of women in Islam. The Holy Qur'an: The mirror of the laws of nature.
- Role of reason in the Holy Qur'an.
The interpreter of the Holy Qur'an was a scholar of international fame and recognition. Five biographies have been written on his life. He is the author of more than 15 books on Islam and comparative religion. His Arabic commentary (Tafsir) of the Holy Quran, for the Arabic speaking readers, is being readied for the press. In order to obtain the requisite feel of the language of the Holy Qur’an, Allamah Nooruddin, spent many years in the Arabian desert. He lived in the Holy cities of Makkah and Madinah and among the Arab Bedouins of Hijaz, to learn the classical Quranic Arabic. He was able to feel, hear, read and write classical Arabic. His poetry and prose were superb. He had not only collected and consulted the previous commentary of the Holy Quran, but had also gone back to the oldest and most reliable Arabic lexicons and poetry of pre-Islamic era, to ascertain the real classical and root meaning of the Arabic words used in the Holy Qur’an. He had an invaluable collection of books in his personal library, which was ‘One of the best personal Islamic libraries in the world’. (Oriental Magazine)