Author: Keith Massey, PhD
Publisher: Wiley Publishing Inc. (2008)
Pages: 344 Binding: Paperback
Description from the publisher:
From e-mails to personal letters to correspondence, write in Arabic with confidence!
Looking to enhance your Arabic writing skills? This friendly, hands-on workbook gives you practical examples and useful exercises so you can practice writing the language like a native. From vocabulary and numbers to juggling tenses, you’ll get a clear understanding of the nuances of Arabic style and usage that will have you writing in no time.
• Get back to basics—use numbers, times and dates, and read and write the Arabic alphabet
• Understand fundamental Arabic grammar—from nouns, adjectives, and adverbs to pronouns, prepositions, and conjunctions
• Master Arabic verbs—learn all ten forms, spot the irregular verbs, create commands, use objects, and more
• Write like a native—grasp the essential differences in Arabic versus English language usage
• Put your writing skills to use—exercises and lessons get you up to speed and improving your Arabic right away
• Practice, practice, practice—plenty of room is provided for writing directly in the workbook
• Jazz up your writing—join clauses, form conditional sentences, and use the verbal noun and participles
• Take your Arabic on the road—communicate effectively when traveling or conducting business.