Author: Not Applicable
Publisher: Jamal Foundation
Pages: 239 Binding: Hardcover 8.5 x 11 x 1"
Description from the publisher:
The "Alifi" Quran, is a treasure of calligraphic art. All pages of the manuscript have been lovingly ornamented with different styles of calligraphy and exquisite floral borders.
It took the Calligraphers seven years of intensive labor to compose this unique Quran (Alifi) manuscript.
Outstanding Features of the Alfi Quran:
* Each ayah begins with the first Arabic alphabet, "ALIF".
* There are twenty three verses to a page, a symbolic tribute to the 23 year period of revelation.
* The Quran text has been penned in "Jali" calligraphic style.
* Different calligraphic styles have been used to write the “Bismillah” found at the beginning of all but one surah of the Holy Quran. The evolution of the Arabic script over the last 1400 years can be traced by examining these 113 styles.
* The colorful, decorative ornamental borders of the Quran pages have seven different designs and seven different colors that represent seven precious jewels and the seven stages (manazil) of the Quran.
* Surah’s revealed in Mecca are identified by an icon of the Kabah. Medinian surah’s are identified by an icon of the Prophet’s mosque.
* Al Azhar Research Academy, Cairo, has certified that the calligraphy of Al-Quran-al-Hakeem Alfi is accurate.