Author: Association of Islamic Charitable Projects (2003)
Publisher: Association of Islamic Charitable Projects (2003)
Pages: 107 Binding: Paperback
Description from the publisher:
This book is one of the most invaluable books authored in the subject of Islamic Creed. In this text, Imam at-Tahawiyy clarified the creed of the Companions of the Prophet and of the righteous Salaf as per the methodology of Imam Abu Hanifah and his two companions Imam Abu Yusuf al-Qadi and Imam Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan ash-Shaybaniyy.
Excerpt from the Book:
14. He has had the Attribute of Lordship before the existence of the slaves and the Attribute of Creating before the existence of any creation.
Explanation: Allah was the Lord of His creation before creating them. After He created them, He is still their Lord. Similarly, Allah is attributed with Creating as He was before He created the world.
15. In as much as Allah is the One Who gives life to the dead [Al-Muhyi] after He first created them, and deserved this name before He gave them life, He also deserved the Name: "The Creator" before bringing the creation into being.
Explanation: Allah gives life to and takes it away from His creation. He was attributed with this eternally-before He brought the creation into existence. Similarly, He was the Creator eternally-before He created the creation.
16. This is because Allah has Power over all things; everything needs Him, and every matter is easy for Him. He does not need anything.
Ayah 11, Suratush-Shura means: "Nothing resembles Him [Allah] in any way; and He is attributed with Hearing and Sight."
Explanation: Allah has Power over everything. The effect of His Power in things shows that everything needs Him. Hence, everything is easy for Him. This ayah (verse) categorically negates any resemblance between Allah and His creation. Moreover, this ayah is a proof that Allah is attributed with Hearing and Sight, which are different from those of the creation.
17. Allah brought the creation into existence in accordance with His Knowledge.
Explanation: Allah knew eternally the number of creations He would create. He knew eternally every detail about them. He did create them according to this Eternal Knowledge.
18. He meted out matters for them.
Explanation: Allah allotted for His creation what they have, in accordance with His Eternal Knowledge and Destining. He allotted their obedience and disobedience, wealth and poverty, health and sickness, and the like.
19. He appointed times of death for them.
Explanation: Allah designated fixed lifespan for His creation. Hence, they die at the exact moment that He willed for their death.
20. Nothing was hidden from Him before He created them. He knew what they would do before He created them.
Explanation: Every detail about the creation was known eternally to Allah. He knows about what He already created and about what He will create.